Objectives of the RSL
To serve the interests of its members, veterans, the ex-service community and members of the Australian Defence Force, the RSL executes its role by effectively implementing the following objectives which are in accord with the League's Mission Statement:
- Advocacy and Representation
- Assistance to all veterans and ex-servicemen and women regardless of their membership in the League
- Commemoration and Remembrance.
- Participation in employment Programs for veterans, ex-service members and their dependants.
- Commitment to democratic principles and practices.
- Provision of a means for members to enjoy camaraderie and mateship.
- Provision of effective and efficient management of RSL assets and resources for the benefit of its members and serving members of the ADF.
- Act as an effective lobby group to Government and its departments.
- Provision of moral and active support for the ADF. Australian Forces Overseas Fund distributes 2,500 parcels bi-annually.
- Provision of a respected and meaningful voice within the community and Australian society.
- Promotion of loyalty and pride which the League has for the Nation, its people, the Crown and the Flag.